Problem with the Capital Projects Solution Deployment tool

01-16-2018 01:21 PM
MichaelKohler
Frequent Contributor

I have been trying to deploy a solution from the ArcGIS Pro Solutions Deployment tool. I was and am still getting errors as I work with ESRI to try and fix the problem. As usual, I don't have time to wait and started following the steps laid out in the Manual Section of the link Publish feature layer - Capital Project Locator | ArcGIS for Local Government .

I am frustrated because I have walked through the setup of the Capital Project Plans and manually created the maps, layers and apps. Next, I want to use the Capital Project Locator and walked through all the setup steps laid out in the link above. However, when I view the completed web app I am not seeing what ESRI shows in their demo.

I walked through the steps of the Capital Project Plans and have a working version of this app: http://statelocaltryit.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapAndAppGallery/index.html?appid=3639e59d32874bb6ae4bea... 

I'm trying to get my Capital Project Locator app to look like this: ArcGIS Web Application 

But the information shown in my app is nowhere near what the above app shows. In one of the steps on the Manual Set Up it says 

• Configure the pop-up for each layer using a custom attribute display option.

But it doesn't say what that custom display should be. 

Has anyone successfully deployed or walked through this maze?

My apps are here: ArcGIS Web Application 

and here: https://pslgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapAndAppGallery/index.html?appid=910c1c9cf7bc440c951ffd13f38f2b... 

0 Kudos
47 Replies
FrancescaColich
New Contributor

Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

0 Kudos
MatthewWoodhamCOD
New Contributor

@ChrisFox ,

Above you stated that ESRI has not documented how to add new project types. Is there a representative that would know, to the fullest extent, the necessary steps to perform such a task? The breakout is not comprehensive enough for the organization structure and variety of project types. We have a Small Government Term Enterprise License Agreement.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MatthewWoodhamCOD, I am the product owner for the Capital Project solutions and unfortunately the current design of the solution does not make it easy to add new project types. Maybe if you could describe which components of the solution(s) you want to use we could figure out the easiest way to do it. I know that if you are leveraging everything nearly every information product would need to be updated.

We have an update to these solutions planned in our roadmap (see below) and we will consider the ability to add/modify project types in the update to make this easier.

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-solutions/announcements/arcgis-solutions-2022-produ...

0 Kudos
ElizabethHale1
Occasional Contributor

Note that if you are adapting this solution by modifying the phases and want to edit the html in the popup accordingly (e.g., renaming "PreDesign" to "Proposed"), in version 1 of this solution you have to open the web map in Web Viewer Classic to see and access all the html. The part of the html that references attribute expressions 2-5 to change the table cell background colors is not exposed in the popup html editor in new Web Viewer.

bbaker_tngeo
Regular Contributor

@ElizabethHale1  or @ChrisFox ,

Have you found a solution to create the phase/status bars in the new Map Viewer? I have recently tried to implement the code found on Github:

https://github.com/Esri/arcade-expressions/blob/master/popup/project-phase.md

However, I cannot get the Arcade expressions to evaluate for background-color correctly in the HTML.

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@bbaker_tngeo, this can be accomplished in a single arcade pop-up element in the new Map Viewer. Below is a screenshot of the UI and the code I used in the arcade element.

ChrisFox_0-1680806386418.png

var projphase = $feature.projphase;
var activeColor = '#1987bb';
var inactiveColor = '#DDDDDD'
var color1 = IIf(projphase == 'PreDesign', activeColor, inactiveColor);
var color2 = IIf(projphase == 'Design', activeColor, inactiveColor);
var color3 = IIf(projphase == 'Construction', activeColor, inactiveColor);
var color4 = IIf(projphase == 'Closeout', activeColor, inactiveColor);

return { 
	type : 'text', 
	text : `<b>Phase:</b>
<table style="border-collapse: separate; border-spacing: 2px 4px; width: 100%; table-layout: fixed; margin: 0px -2px; max-width: 500px;">
	<tbody>
		<tr height="16">
			<td style="background-color:${color1}; width: 25%"></td>
			<td style="background-color:${color2}; width: 25%"></td>
			<td style="background-color:${color3}; width: 25%"></td>
			<td style="background-color:${color4}; width: 25%"></td>
		</tr>
		<tr height="24" style="text-align: center;">
			<td style="width: 25%;">PreDesign</td>
			<td style="width: 25%;">Design</td>
			<td style="width: 25%;">Construction</td>
			<td style="width: 25%;">Closeout</td>
		</tr>
	</tbody>
</table>`
}

bbaker_tngeo
Regular Contributor

That works wonderfully. Thanks for the code!

0 Kudos
JenniferBarnett
Emerging Contributor

I plugged in the code for the phase bar, and it pops up and goes away instantly. How do I stop it from doing that?

Also, on the dashboards, I would like the maps to be zoomed into the city I'm working in. How do I go about changing the extent?

In the Capital Project Review Dashboard, I'm getting an error 'Requested feature not found' when I select Review Now. I can select it and see the project details in the Capital Project Review app. 

0 Kudos