Topology Rules and CAD files

10-20-2015 03:02 PM
DaveMcMillan
New Contributor III

I am using the parcel fabric and loading CAD data into a staging topology to check for errors as compared to the 6 topology rules.  Attached is example of error # 6  "Boundary Must Be Covered By (Polygon-Polyline)"  I am using a CAD drawing with a polygon and a polyline (See screen shot) and am running a geoprocessing script that creates a polyline feature class and a polygon feature class, then creates a topology and loads the respective polyline and polygon feature classes into the topology.  I validate the topology and I come up with "Must Not Intersect Or Touch Interior (Polyline)" line errors and "Must Not Intersect Or Touch Interior (Polyline)" point errors (See attached).  I am not getting what I was expecting to find and that was error #6.

1.“Must Not Self-Overlap (Polyline)”

2."Must Not Self-Intersect (Polyline)"

3. "Must Be Single Part (Polyline)"

4."Must Not Intersect Or Touch Interior (Polyline)"

5."Must Be Covered By Boundary Of (Polyline-Polygon)"

6."Boundary Must Be Covered By (Polygon-Polyline)"

any thoughts on how I could trigger this error to happen.  I ran it conventionally through arcmap and not the script that I created and I came up the slightly different results for the line errors though.

I appreciate the feedback

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SamuelTompsett
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Dave,

I would check the projections being used. It seems like the unexpected results could be the result of slightly different projections or spatial references.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
DaveMcMillan
New Contributor III

Sam,

All the data is on the same projection.

Dave

0 Kudos
SamuelTompsett
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Dave,

Can you share the script you are running?

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos