Select to view content in your preferred language

Parcel Fabric Workflow - Selected parcels are not contiguous

Jump to solution
06-01-2016 02:16 PM
MichelleHoisington
Deactivated User

I received an unexpected message using the parcel workflow in the parcel fabric.  There are two parcels that are connected to each other.  I wanted to use the Parcel Workflow to complete a parcel update (Parcel Split:  Parent Parcel or Boundary Line Adjustment).  I selected the Parcel Parent, but received an error message when I proceeded to the next step.  The message read, "the group of selected parcels are not contiguous."  These parcels are joined correctly with minor residual errors.  I tried to possibly fix this message by 'regenerate the fabric', 'merge courses', rejoined each parcel, unjoined each parcel (separately) and then joined.  Nothing seemed to work.  Any idea?

I am aware of a work around - which is to bring in an XML file and mark the original parcels as historic.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichelleHoisington
Deactivated User

I have received an answer from ESRI Customer Support.  In the case of these two parcels, the only links connecting them are at line points, not parcel points.  They are not connected for purposes of construction.  The workflows use the Construct from Parent command, which requires true network connectivity (using Parcel Points) of the parcel being updated.

To work around this restriction, users can either join an XML and mark the original parcels as 'Historic' OR select one or more parcel that does not share a parcel point with each of the parcels of interest, and run the workflow.  This should allow the construct from Parent operation to succeed. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JeffWard
Honored Contributor

Have you tried it outside of a workflow?

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
MichelleHoisington
Deactivated User

Jeff,

Yes, I can use a different method to complete this parcel update.  I am able to bring in an XML file.  Join using the ‘Append to File’.  Select the two ‘Voided’ parcels and mark them as Historic.  This works. 

All parcels in Nevada County, CA are in the Parcel Fabric.  I ran the Parcel Error report and did not find any errors on these two parcels.  

I submitted an ESRI case (01788610).  Moving forward; I may not have an XML file and would like to rely on the Parcel Workflow.  Since the parcel workflow did not work after rejoining the parcels; I suspect it may be a bug. 

0 Kudos
MichelleHoisington
Deactivated User

I have received an answer from ESRI Customer Support.  In the case of these two parcels, the only links connecting them are at line points, not parcel points.  They are not connected for purposes of construction.  The workflows use the Construct from Parent command, which requires true network connectivity (using Parcel Points) of the parcel being updated.

To work around this restriction, users can either join an XML and mark the original parcels as 'Historic' OR select one or more parcel that does not share a parcel point with each of the parcels of interest, and run the workflow.  This should allow the construct from Parent operation to succeed.