ArcGIS Maps SDK v200 - Ar Toolkit

Jump to solution
12-15-2022 01:57 AM
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

is there a roadmap for release of AR-Toolkit for new Maps SDK v 200. The AR toolkit exists with samples for 100.X, but in page for version 200 this is missing. Is it on the way? 

Thank you. 

Vladimir

Vladimir
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @VHolubec,

It's on the roadmap, but probably won't be ready by the next release (200.1). I can't promise anything, but I could see it coming sometime in 2023.

View solution in original post

Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Aha. Because you had posted this to the Java SDK forum, we assumed you were interested in Android, and since you asked about 200, that means the Kotlin SDK (hence we moved this to this Community place).

At 100.x the SDKs that target mobile devices (iOS/iPadOS, Android) have AR Toolkit components.

At 200.x, that will be the case too, but we haven't implemented that for all the SDKs quite yet.

As you found, .NET has it already (although the MAUI stuff is here https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-toolkit-dotnet/tree/main/src/ARToolkit.Maui), as does Qt - those were just updates to existing toolkit components. However, Swift and Kotlin do not since that's more work to create from scratch, but it's on the roadmap.

So: you can do AR with the 200.0 ArcGIS Maps SDKs for .NET and Qt now, but you'll have to wait before you can do it with the ArcGIS Maps SDKs for Swift or Kotlin. The ArcGIS Maps SDK for Java does not target iOS or Android devices, so no AR there.

Does that help?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @VHolubec,

It's on the roadmap, but probably won't be ready by the next release (200.1). I can't promise anything, but I could see it coming sometime in 2023.

VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you very much for info @Nicholas-Furness 

I´ve found some stuff about ARToolkit in github: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-toolkit-dotnet/tree/main/src/ARToolkit, so this is some kind of Beta? Is it possible to work with or it´s some daily build version? 

I am asking because we are testing the AR in the runtime now, and we are not sure to stay with 100.x and Xamarin, or try the "new waters" of MAUI with v200.

Thank you.

Vladimir
0 Kudos
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Aha. Because you had posted this to the Java SDK forum, we assumed you were interested in Android, and since you asked about 200, that means the Kotlin SDK (hence we moved this to this Community place).

At 100.x the SDKs that target mobile devices (iOS/iPadOS, Android) have AR Toolkit components.

At 200.x, that will be the case too, but we haven't implemented that for all the SDKs quite yet.

As you found, .NET has it already (although the MAUI stuff is here https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-toolkit-dotnet/tree/main/src/ARToolkit.Maui), as does Qt - those were just updates to existing toolkit components. However, Swift and Kotlin do not since that's more work to create from scratch, but it's on the roadmap.

So: you can do AR with the 200.0 ArcGIS Maps SDKs for .NET and Qt now, but you'll have to wait before you can do it with the ArcGIS Maps SDKs for Swift or Kotlin. The ArcGIS Maps SDK for Java does not target iOS or Android devices, so no AR there.

Does that help?

VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

I am sorry for confusion @Nicholas-Furness, my bad. Thank you for clarification! It helps me a lot!

Just one more question - documentation on .NET and QT sites will be updated soon for AR toolkit? 

It´s good to know, that for Kotlin, the AR Toolkit is not the way as well!

Vladimir
0 Kudos