ArcGIS Online Assistant

08-13-2019 12:24 PM
CharlieFitzpatrick
Esri Regular Contributor

The ArcGIS Online Assistant is a somewhat bare-bones tool that allows a user to copy (i.e. duplicate) content from username1 in one ArcGIS Online instance (cloud or portal) to username2 in a second ArcGIS Online instance (cloud or portal). It doesn't have an onboard help file so here are the directions that I follow to do a specific project every week (going cloud to cloud).

1. Go to https://ago-assistant.esri.com
  2. Choose the location of the SOURCE username1 (cloud or portal) and click the "log in"
  3. Enter the username and password of the SOURCE account. The contents will show in the left half of the window.
  4. In the center of the green top bar, click the pull-down for "I want to", then choose "copy content", then indicate the TARGET is "Another account"
  5. Choose the location of the TARGET username2 (cloud or portal)
  6. Enter the username and password of the TARGET account. The contents of the second account should appear on the right half of the screen.
  7. Folders are shown in blue. In the RIGHT half, navigate into the TARGET folder.
  8. In the LEFT half, navigate into the source folder. Copyable items (layers, maps, apps) have a cyan background; white background items are not copyable (dashboards, CSVs, forms, etc).
  9. One at a time, click a blue item in the left (SOURCE) column and drag it into the dashed box atop the desired folder in the right (TARGET) column, and release. When the app asks for "Copy Type: SIMPLE or FULL?" choose FULL, which copies the content instead of just creating a pointer. There will be a little cycling graphic atop the item in the right column while the copying is underway.
  10. Repeat Step 9 for each copyable item (cyan backgrounds).
1 Reply
CharlieFitzpatrick
Esri Regular Contributor

An updated version of the ArcGIS Online Assistant is in process. See this post: https://community.esri.com/t5/education-blog/arcgis-assistant-beta-tool-for-managing-content-and-use...