Select to view content in your preferred language

RasterLayer with ArcGIS Runtime Java - raster is resample

Jump to solution
11-18-2015 04:42 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using a RasterLayer with ArcGISRuntime for Java following this technical page:https://developers.arcgis.com/java/guide/add-raster-data.htm

When zooming to the raster, the image resample (kind of antialiasing).

I would like to see the real pixel grid but it seems not possible. Do you have an idea why this does not work ?

Thanks.

Olivier.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EricBader
Regular Contributor II

Hi Olivier,

And a Happy New Year to you as well. Thanks!

At this time, there are no plans to add anything that lets the developer override the re-sampling effect. You might want to suggest this enhancement on ideas.esri.com​. We look at these requests carefully. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
EricBader
Regular Contributor II

The default out-of-the-box resampling is bilinear. You can change the resampling method, but it cannot be turned off. Is that your question?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
SachinKanaujia
Occasional Contributor III

Eric Bader How do you change the resampling? Can the same be done while displaying Raster using a blank MPK local service?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Eric,

Thanks for you answer.

I choosed to work with mpk and added a raster as DynamicLayerInfo.

But the resample made by the RasterLayer is very problematic because it does not return the real raster data. And use a DynamicLayerInfo is more complex to manage than a simple RasterLayer.

I think this could be an enhancement for next release.

with a DynamicLayerInfo with mpk

not_resample.png

with RasterLayer:

resample.png

For Sachin, You can apply a Render to your Raster added to the mpk.

When working with DynamicLayerInfo, you can set a renderer.

Regards,

Olivier.

0 Kudos
EricBader
Regular Contributor II

Ah. I understand now. I was thinking you were reading the raster file directly.

MPK is a different beast.

The method of using a local server to serve ad-hoc data is not a pattern we plan to support long-term.

Mobile Map Packages are coming. This will be the pattern beginning with the Quartz versions of releases, coming in 2016. These will be Runtime Content packages containg your data, locators and networks, but will not need a LocalServer to deliver these to your maps. The Runtime APIs will allow you to access these data sources directly from these packages, so as for rasters, you'll have the resampling behavior and control you are looking for. Does this make sense?

The Quartz Beta 1 is already here, and Beta 2 will have Mobile Map Package support, at least that this the current plan as of today.

Does this help at all?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Eric,

First of all, sorry for the silence ^^. And hapy new year !

The Mobile Map Packages seems interesting !

But in our project we would like to use RasterLayer (so I want to read raster file directly).

The issue with the RasterLayer is the resample apply when zooming. We don't want this effect.

I spoke about LocalServer because, this solution give a better renderer result. But this is too complex to use for our project.

We would like to use RasterLayer (from the Java Runtime API) but the display when zooming is not acceptable.

Do you now if next release will correct that visual effect.

Regards,

Olivier T.

0 Kudos
EricBader
Regular Contributor II

Hi Olivier,

And a Happy New Year to you as well. Thanks!

At this time, there are no plans to add anything that lets the developer override the re-sampling effect. You might want to suggest this enhancement on ideas.esri.com​. We look at these requests carefully. Thanks!

0 Kudos