Select to view content in your preferred language

How to load S57 data and symbology with ArcGIS Runtime 10.1.1 ?

Jump to solution
02-25-2013 06:23 AM
JeremieJoalland1
Deactivated User
I'm not sure it's possible, but I would like to allow users to load S57 data with it's symbology into the map.

I read on "ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java > Creating a runtime deployment" that the following Runtime functionality option exists :
S57 Hydrographic Symbology (Supports the handling and display of S57 data using S57 Symbology.)

So if option is described for deployment, means it's available with the SDK for developers ?

But I have no clue how to do it, as S57 Hydrographic Data/Symbology is mentionned nowhere else...

Please help me !
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor
At the moment the Java SE API doesn't support S57 data, but we are considering this for the next release.

It has however been included in the WPF api 10.1.1 release, as there was a lot of hydrographic interest.

Sounds like you are working on some interesting things.  I'd be interested to hear of any other features that would make the product better.

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor
At the moment the Java SE API doesn't support S57 data, but we are considering this for the next release.

It has however been included in the WPF api 10.1.1 release, as there was a lot of hydrographic interest.

Sounds like you are working on some interesting things.  I'd be interested to hear of any other features that would make the product better.

Mark
0 Kudos
JeremieJoalland1
Deactivated User
Thank you for this answer. We would definitly want to see this format supported by next release. more generally, we would like to have the API for Java at same level than WPF, it's quite frustrating to see that some nice possibilities are only available for WPF...

In fact I've use ArcGIS Engine in the past (.net SDK), but now we're working only in Java, and we are looking to either use ArcGIS Engine for Java, either ArcGIS Runtime for Java... our main constraint is that we are in disconnected scenario (Local Server only) and Runtime offer nice performances with its GraphicsLayer as we need to display operational data in real-time like thousands of graphics per second... But for the basemap, we need to be able to load raster data, DTED, shapefile, KML and VMAP0/VMAP1, independently from preparing Packages with ArcGIS Desktop. We also would like the Runtime to be able to use SLD (Styled Layer Descriptor). (also would like to be able to construct geodesic geometries, but already add this one to ArcGIS Ideas).

we can load shapefiles based on blank MPK, which is great. exporting graphicslayer to shapefile is also working.
Military Symbology is working fine with Message Processor, event if performances are impacted once we try to move all symbols (position report mainly)

But i'm style trying to figure if we can load Geotiff (raster), DTED, KML and VMAP on the fly... even if we need to create a Tiled Package using a GPK for example. these are quite a lot of expectations ... 

I would definitly appreciate any tips on theses questions.
0 Kudos