Select to view content in your preferred language

Bug in 'delete' part of applyEdits?

07-12-2022 06:01 AM
gkresic
Emerging Contributor

If I try to delete features from either ServiceGeodatabase or ServiceFeatureTable I get an error like:

Object ID '885192' is not valid.

Adding and modifying features works. Also, if I go to hosted layer's REST web interface (at `https://<domain>/server/rest/services/Hosted/<service>/FeatureServer/<table>/applyEdits`) I can delete features, so I assume delete operation is permitted.

What I did notice by stepping through the generated request in ArcGIS Runtime for Java is that it seems like objectid(s) are serialized as string, not as long. I looked at mParams in com.esri.arcgisruntime.internal.io.handler.request.HeadersAndBytesRequest constructor and I can see three parameters being used for applying single delete operation:

deletes -> ["885192"]
rollbackOnFailure -> true
f -> json

Assuming this is deserialized as JSON, it's clear that `deletes` holds an array of strings (instead longs).

Since HTTP request to API backend is built within native code and my ArcGIS installation is on HTTPS (so no Wireshark either), I couldn't verify this, so I'm asking here.

Details:

ArcGIS Runtime: 100.14.1

Java: OpenJDK 17

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ColinAnderson1
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I took a look through the code and the strings object IDs you see are further processed before being sent to the server. So, while there might be a problem I don't think it is related to processing the parameters.

I was wondering if you were trying to delete a feature newly created by apply edits and the object ID from the local feature object doesn't match the one in the table. You may need to call `Feature.refresh()` so that the OID of your local feature is updated to match that in the table. This isn't my area of expertise but I'm sure a colleague post with better information if this is wrong.

Colin

0 Kudos