Select to view content in your preferred language

Website navigation using a map

01-29-2019 04:31 PM
TaylorNorton
New Contributor

Is there a simple means for creating an interface on a website where you can click a polygon on a webmap and it brings you to a new web page? I am attempting to create an app that displays a webmap of several watersheds. I want it to work so that when you click a watershed polygon, it brings you to a webpage that discribes that watershed.

Thanks,

Taylor

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JacobBoyle412
Esri Contributor

Sure!

You can use URL strings in a field or stitch together a URL from a value in your table. 

Using Hyperlinks—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

You can also enable them from ArcGIS Online/ArcGIS Enterprise following the below steps if you want to "Assemble" the URL from an existing field:

Enable Pop-ups.

Configure Pop-ups.

Select A custom attribute display under Pop-up Contents:

Then you’ll use the Custom Attribute Display to configure the popups. You can add fields you’d like to display at the top, then add the links:

When you setup the url’s, you’ll just enter a line into the URL string using the View HTML Source button:

Use this syntax:

<a href="https://google.com/{Code_Field}.zip/the_rest_of_the_url.htm" target="_blank">2015 Imagery</a>

Where {Code_Field} is the field that contains the reference value for the code.  The goal here is to stitch the URL together using field values and a normalized URL structure.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Jacob is a Sr. Solution Architect for Esri Professional Services and loves conservation planning, woodworking, LEGO, and his dogs.
0 Kudos