Select to view content in your preferred language

Integrating ArcGIS Demographics/Data w/ Wordpress/Form Entry/Doc Gen/UI Site?

06-02-2019 03:34 PM
Labels (1)
JeffLever
New Contributor

Hi Guys, 

I'm looking for some general information on ArcGIS and integrating the data it provides into my website. I've come across some esri powered websites that can pull reports based on a number of different inputs. It basically looks like an esri web app is iframed into the site (at least that's how it looks to my untrained eye).  

I've tried ArcGIS online and love it - it's the exact data I'm looking for. Demographics, market research, business opportunities, community analysis, etc. I'm worried about the costs thanks to the credit basis. I setup a free trial account, and think I ran through 240 credits after running a dozen reports. I could see the average user on my site using 5-10 reports to perform the research they require. I'm not sure if the ArcGIS API could be implemented on a more economic basis, but I don't think using ArcGIS's Online Tool to generate the reports on a report-by-report basis would be time or economically feasible.

I could probably afford a budget of $1k/month for data retrieval and visualization for my users. Is there a way to scale those costs according to the user's needs?

Maybe the best thing to ask is how I can most use the $550/annual plan with the 400 credits most efficiently to provide my users (planners) access to the research data on a limited basis? 

Any recommended tutorials on how to integrate ArcGIS into my wordpress website would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
0 Replies