Concurrent Licensing EOL?

07-07-2021 01:12 PM
Gibbs78
New Contributor

Hope this is the right place for this post. I am wondering if anyone has heard any rumors or has information about ESRI moving away from a concurrent licensing model to strictly a named user licensing model. This has has happened to another company and since it seems to be the way things are going in software, I just dont want to be blindsided in the future.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You read this I suppose

ArcGIS Desktop licensing—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

and named user is currently one Pro option,  I doubt that anyone is going to confirm/deny this here... maybe it might come up in the UC questions for Jack  this year 😉

... sort of retired...
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It's difficult to completely go away with Concurrent-Use licensing, especially for customers managing licenses through a network without internet connectivity. Handling perpetual licenses (No Timeout) will be another challenge.

If this happens, there will definitely be a viable workaround before the migration happens.

No official announcement yet.

Think Location
0 Kudos
Gibbs78
New Contributor

Difficult yes. But it doesnt mean it cant\wont be done. Not sure if you use AutoDesk products but they went this direction starting last year. Still a few years off but with desktop going EOL and a bigger push to Pro and AGOL, you have to start planning ahead.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos