Add private Ops Dashboards in website such that Admin users can only see admin dashboard, instructor users can see instructor dashboard and public users can see public dashboard. Users will be in application database and they should not be required to log

05-02-2020 09:45 PM
YatinGupta
New Contributor

Goal: User must be able to view and interact with the dashboards embedded in the website.

User Story: There are 3 categories of users - Admin, Instructor, and Reader. Admin and Instructor users required to login to the website and Reader don't require to login to the website. There are 3 different Ops Dashboards created in ArcGIS Online: Dashboard A, Dashboard B and Dashboard C. "A Dashboard" must be visible to Admin users when they login to the website, "B Dashboard" must be visible to Instructor(but neither to Admin users nor Reader ones) when they login to the website and "C Dashboard" must be visible to all users. 

Here, once the user gets logged into the application, the user must not be required to log in again to ArcGIS Online. Neither user must be able to see some other category dashboard. Users must not be able to copy the dashboard link from ArcGIS Iframe and open it in any other browser, window, or side tab. 

Problem: Everywhere I am looking for it, I am just getting to make layer public and then embed it on the site. But according to my requirement, I could not make it public. Please help me as soon as possible if there is any feasible solution for it or not. At least, provides me a feasibility check of it.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Yatin,

> Problem: Everywhere I am looking for it, I am just getting to make layer public and then embed it on the site. But according to my requirement, I could not make it public.

The workflow you're describing is not possible with ArcGIS Dashboards. A dashboard behaves like any other item in ArcGIS Online, its either shared publicly or with a group(s) if you want to restrict access.

A workaround (sort of): you could create 3 dashboards (one for each user type: admin, instructor, and reader) then assign each to its own unique group (one group for each user type); then set sharing permissions at the group level.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos