Which Tool to Use ?

05-11-2020 01:17 PM
TharaaGazzaz
New Contributor

Hello,

I need some gaudiness please,

I have school locations with student capacity in a layer, the other layer is population by neighborhood.

I would like to study school population coverage that does not exceed its student capacity.

Which tool to use? 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Tharaa Gazzaz‌,

If you join the two tables either by field or using a spatial join you will have all the data in one layer. You could then use a field calculator to subtract the schools capacity from the number of school aged kids to see schools that need more capacity or schools with capacity to take on more children.

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

TharaaGazzaz
New Contributor

Thanks Ben for your suggestion.

As you know, each neighborhood will have different population density and a buffer might cover one or more neighborhoods.

I was thinking of using buffer zone that capture population count matching school student capacity.

For example, if a school capacity is 100 students, I would like to know this school coverage area reference to population density, in other word, what will be the school buffer diameter that will capture the 100 students. 

I did a buffer zone related to school capacity, however, its not reflecting school potential area coverage reference to population distribution.

0 Kudos