Select to view content in your preferred language

Serving Stereo pair Imagery in ArcGIS server

05-25-2010 09:42 AM
andrewwidener
New Contributor
My organization has multiple Tb of stereo imagery we use to collect shoreline features and perform volumetric calculations on coal fields, limestone quarries and shale quarries. Currently, we are having to use 1Tb external hard drives to connect to each editors machine in order for them to access the stereo pairs. I have recently implemented an ArcGIS server and Image server architecture on our network that we use to share project status web apps with our clients, USGS quad and DOQQ services for our internal staff and we serve large amounts of ortho imagery on the fly taken directly from the aircraft sensor. My question is, how do you, or can you serve out stereo imagery in ArcGIS server? Is it defined in the wizard? Does it have to do with the Mosaicing process. I have researched everywhere but cannot find anything on serving stereo imagery via image server, please help.

Regards,

Andrew Widener
TMSI
awidener@tuckmapping.com
0 Kudos
1 Reply
SantiCosta
Deactivated User
I believe that the people from ISM were developing something related to your question, they planned to integrate their stereo PurVIEW software with the Image Server. You can contact them here: http://www.purview.com/contact.html.

Good luck
0 Kudos