"Failed to save raster dataset"

04-22-2017 09:21 AM
Labels (1)
SHAHIDRAZA1
New Contributor II
9 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There are lots of reasons this could happen -- invalid pathname, not enough space on disk ... 

The screen shot seems to suggest that you are trying to georeference a raster and that your control points are producing a very inadequate (high-error) transformation. The image looks terribly distorted.

SHAHIDRAZA1
New Contributor II

Thanks Curtis, i will retry with more adequate control points, 

i appreciate your help... 

Regards,

Shahid Raza

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

make sure they are spread about the image... if your control points are closely clustered, there is no way that you will ever get an acceptable result.

SHAHIDRAZA1
New Contributor II

Ok, I will keep it in Mind, Thanks Dan...

Best Regards,

Shahid Raza

0 Kudos
Shauna-RaeBrown
Occasional Contributor

I've had the same non-descriptive error message.  If you try to name your raster starting with a number, you'll also get his error.  For example, I first tried naming a raster that I georeferenced 2019-01-08_AreaName.  Then I tried again with AreaName20190108, and it's rectifying as expected.  I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

do note that  AreaName20190108 wouldn't work if the output raster was an esri grid since the name is too long, but it would work for a *.tif

LeonardoBarua
New Contributor

A quick and dirty solution is to do an export>export data from the table of contents. The exported GeoTiff will retain the transformations you inputted with the georeferencing tools. 

0 Kudos
peterEngeneere
New Contributor

HOW can i rectify it now???/

0 Kudos
yys
by
New Contributor

I had the same problem as you, and I rebuilt the pyramid. 我遇到了和你一样的问题,重新建造了金字塔就可以了。

0 Kudos