DEM Not loading properly in Mosaic Dataset

02-07-2024 08:30 AM
Labels (1)
EricS
by
Occasional Contributor

This is a newbie question. My DEM .img image looks good.  When I load it into a mosaic dataset all I get is a solid grey image.  What could be causing it?  Is there something wrong with the image or something wrong in my mosaic dataset configuration?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @EricS,

You may need to calculate statistics on the image.  When adding the raster to the mosaic dataset, check the option Calculate Statistics under Raster Processing:

JakeSkinner_0-1707325217266.png

EricS
by
Occasional Contributor

Yes statistics have been created but it still gives me the issue

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

alot can go wrong with MD display unfortunately.  Definitely statistics was the first thing that came to mind.  Not completely sure without seeing it.  How big is it?  would think the wireframe would be showing at the full extent.  If it's a big data range and you've zoomed into a raster and still see a grey blob, it may be as simple as the area of elevation you're looking at having very similar values.  In that case I'd adjust the symbology stretch to go by extent, and/or try a colour stretch rather than greyscale.

pixel type might be the issue, and there's the multitude of file types you can specify when adding a folder into the MD. 

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Just re-read the question.  Is this multiple DEM.img's or just 1?

0 Kudos