Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to create a highly available Portal due to the hazelcast cluster configuration failure.

05-31-2024 07:42 AM
Suleyman-Arslan
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am in trouble installing high available portal. When I try to add the second machine to the existing portal I get the following error.

There was an error when attempting to join the existing portal.

Unable to create a highly available Portal as required ports are unavailable. Refer to the documentation on the ports required by Portal for ArcGIS. Check the firewall to allow communication on these ports and that they are not currently in use by another application.

Portal log as below.

<Msg >Getting machines count from primary portal machine.</Msg>
<Msg >Successfully obtained machines count from primary portal machine success.</Msg>
<Msg >Validating ports which are used by a highly available Portal.</Msg>
<Msg >Validating hazelcast cluster configuration which are used by a highly available Portal.</Msg>
<Msg >Unable to create a highly available Portal due to the hazelcast cluster configuration failure. Refer to the documentation on the ports required by Portal for ArcGIS. Check the firewall to allow communication on these ports and that they are not currently in use by another application. Node failed to start!</Msg>
<Msg >Unable to create a highly available Portal due to the hazelcast cluster configuration failure. Refer to the documentation on the ports required by Portal for ArcGIS. Check the firewall to allow communication on these ports and that they are not currently in use by another application.</Msg>
<Msg >Join site initialization failed. Unable to create a highly available Portal as required ports are unavailable. Refer to the documentation on the ports required by Portal for ArcGIS. Check the firewall to allow communication on these ports and that they are not currently in use by another application. Unable to create a highly available Portal as required ports are unavailable. Refer to the documentation on the ports required by Portal for ArcGIS. Check the firewall to allow communication on these ports and that they are not currently in use by another application.</Msg>
<Msg ">Join site failed; reverting Join site configuration on local machine.</Msg>

Windows firewall is disabled. I confirmed by telnet I can connect to ports "5701, 7120, 7443, 7654" But ports "7820, 7830, 7840" are not accessible.

This is fresh installation of ArcGIS Portal version 11.2

Thank you,

Suleyman. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Oiligriv
Occasional Contributor

HI
if the firewall is disabled, is there a third-party firewall between the two Portals?

0 Kudos
Suleyman-Arslan
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Oiligriv 

Thank you for reply.

Actually infrastructure is not managed by us. Both servers in same zone and I believe all required ports are open.

I think hazelcast is using port 5701 and I confirmed that port is open.

Any how I will get confirmation about firewall configuration.

0 Kudos
rshihab
New Contributor III

Hi,

if the ports are closed betwwen HA envirment joing will fail, so you will need to let IT to open all related ports espcially if there is a third party involved. 

Ramla Shihab
0 Kudos
Suleyman-Arslan
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I confirmed that all the ports are open between servers.

Something else is causing the problem. 

0 Kudos
AhmadIssa78
New Contributor II

Hello,

any update on this issue, I am facing same with 11.2 fresh installation all ports are allowed. 

0 Kudos
Suleyman-Arslan
Occasional Contributor

Hello @AhmadIssa78 

Our problem is resolved.

Our case it is caused by incorrect network configuration. Network team created a TCP load balancer instead of HTTP load balancer which is adding second ip address to network interface. Reconfiguring the load balancer and removing the second IP resolved the issue.

You may check your network interface, ip configuration. And also DNS configuration. Make sure that DNS host name resolves the correct IP address.

0 Kudos
AhmadIssa78
New Contributor II

Thank you @Suleyman-Arslan for your support will notify IT and check

0 Kudos