Reconfigure Lost Portal Server (with GIS servers federated)

Jump to solution
a month ago
Sunnywaygis
New Contributor III

Hi All, I am working on task where I need to get Portal machine back up & running. This setup has two GIS servers federated. The challenge that I am facing is that we lost Portal server few months back, backup process is not able to bring this server from backup. We were able to get GIS servers from backup. 

I need to setup Portal machine from scratch, how do i handle federation, as GIS servers are federated to the previous configuration. 

Appreciate any ideas.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @Sunnywaygis, yes, it is the same procedure, one thing I forgot to mention is that if your items don't reflect after the federation, then you will need to go to portaladmin and unfederated and then federate again, this will then resolve any missing items and pull them into portal.

Regards
Henry

View solution in original post

4 Replies
HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @Sunnywaygis, you need to go to https://dns.com/server/admin/security/config select update and set Authentication tier to GIS_SERVER and then after this you just federate again.

HenryLindemann_0-1712037034924.png

Regards

Henry

0 Kudos
Sunnywaygis
New Contributor III

Thanks Henry, One of the federated GIS server is also hosted server, other one being image server.

Will this workflow you suggested still works or there are any other considerations.  

Thanks for your time. 

0 Kudos
HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @Sunnywaygis, yes, it is the same procedure, one thing I forgot to mention is that if your items don't reflect after the federation, then you will need to go to portaladmin and unfederated and then federate again, this will then resolve any missing items and pull them into portal.

Regards
Henry

Sunnywaygis
New Contributor III

I have one additional question, we also have a webgisdr backup before servers went offline. After federation is complete, should I try to run restore from webgisdr for portal content, any concerns? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos