GIS Request Management Solution Released!

Jump to solution
06-28-2024 07:48 AM
BrandiRank22
Esri Contributor

The new GIS Request Management Solutiuon has been released! We are excited to provide a demonstration of this to the attendees at the GIS Manager's Summit at the UC this year.  There will also be a demo theatre on Tuesday.

GIS Request Management can be used to manage the delivery of GIS services and communicate the value of the GIS program to the organization.

Numerous organizations across various industries use geographic information systems (GIS) to manage location-based data, derive insights, optimize operations, and engage stakeholders. Traditionally, expertise in GIS technology evolved within distinct business units or departments, tailored to meet their specific requirements. However, with the increasing adoption of GIS, there's a growing inclination to integrate GIS with other IT services and amplify its business impact.

Consequently, organizations are combining resources into dedicated GIS service providers and tasking GIS professionals with delivering services across the entire organization. Clearly defining GIS services provided and effectively managing the delivery of these services is crucial. Understanding customer satisfaction and communicating the business impact of GIS services promotes the sustainable use of GIS technology in an organization. It also helps organizations justify any investments required to expand the use of GIS technology.

The GIS Request Management solution delivers a set of capabilities that help you solicit requests for service, manage the delivery of GIS services, and promote the value of GIS to internal stakeholders.

Here is a link to the solution.
@AdamCarnow 

@JamesPardue2 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandiRank22
Esri Contributor

There is no way to directly deploy this solution and it is not supported in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1.

A potential work around would be to deploy the solution in your ArcGIS Online organization. That will let you get an idea of how the solution is designed.  You could then export the GIS_Activity feature layer to a file geodatabase and publish to your Enterpise if you liked the schema on it.  Then you could use the maps and apps in the AGOL as a reference to help recreate them in Enterprise.

It will be manual.

A good resource is ArcGIS Assistant which allows you to view and copy the source json of maps and apps which may help streamline replicating the fucntionality.

Just know that this at this point you are no longer using a "Solution" so it would not be supported. Since we don't support ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 and have not tested it there could be differences in functionality between what and how things work in AGOL and your version of Enterprise and I don't know what obstacles you may face.

Unless there is a need I am not aware of - I would recommend you deploy in ArcGIS Online and use it there.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisBerryman
Regular Contributor

any way to download the solution and dataset to use within arcgis enterprise 10.9.1?

0 Kudos
BrandiRank22
Esri Contributor

There is no way to directly deploy this solution and it is not supported in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1.

A potential work around would be to deploy the solution in your ArcGIS Online organization. That will let you get an idea of how the solution is designed.  You could then export the GIS_Activity feature layer to a file geodatabase and publish to your Enterpise if you liked the schema on it.  Then you could use the maps and apps in the AGOL as a reference to help recreate them in Enterprise.

It will be manual.

A good resource is ArcGIS Assistant which allows you to view and copy the source json of maps and apps which may help streamline replicating the fucntionality.

Just know that this at this point you are no longer using a "Solution" so it would not be supported. Since we don't support ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 and have not tested it there could be differences in functionality between what and how things work in AGOL and your version of Enterprise and I don't know what obstacles you may face.

Unless there is a need I am not aware of - I would recommend you deploy in ArcGIS Online and use it there.

0 Kudos
ChrisBerryman
Regular Contributor

makes sense..  for me its license count.  We have most licenses in our enterprise envirionment vs our AGOL environment so to get the most use out of this, it would make sense for it to live within enterprise.   I may see if we can hobble parts of it together to keep it in AGOL, but let users from enterprise still input requests.