ESRI Demographics data

10-08-2021 08:22 AM
ChrisD
by
New Contributor III

Hello there,

I was wondering if ESRI has considered or would consider making a select subset of the ESRI Demographic data available for free to download for the purposes of doing equity/justice focused analysis? For example, energy burden is a key indicator in energy justice and it would be great to have public access to the Electricity Spending dataset to combine it with American Community Survey income data to calculate energy burdens for block groups. I know with my organizational AGOL account I can view the data, but that's only so useful and it'd be great for folks doing this work to be able to do analysis with the data.

Just a thought. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

2 Replies
MargotBordne
Esri Contributor
Hi Chris,
Thanks so much for reaching out. We are looking into your question and will report back. Can you share a link or a screenshot to the specific dataset you are referring to? Are you looking to do this analysis within ArcGIS or in another software program?
Best,
Margot
0 Kudos
ChrisD
by
New Contributor III

Thanks Margot! This is the electricity spending dataset I was referring to https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ed34f535c6414763b0727baf905dfc25 I would personally be using ArcGIS Pro. 

0 Kudos