Thank you for joining the GIS Day Live Chat!

10-17-2018 02:52 PM
CandaceLoya
Occasional Contributor III

And that's a wrap!

Thank you for joining us today on our first GIS Day Live Chat. Your questions have been great.

And a special thank you to our special guests Joseph Kerski‌, Nicole Minni‌, and Luis Olivieri‌. 

If you would like to post additional questions for our guests, please continue and they will respond to additional questions as they have time. 

We encourage you to continue sharing your GIS Day celebrations by posting your photos and stories on the https://community.esri.com/groups/gis-day/blog/2018/11/01/celebrate-gis-day-2018-share-your-story-on...

GIS Day "We

• 11:00 a.m. - And we're live! Go ahead and ask your questions! 

• 11:15 a.m. - If you are just joining us, feel free to ask any question. 

• 11:30 a.m. - We're halfway through, Great questions! Keep them coming! 

• 11:45 a.m. - If you are just joining us, feel free to ask any question. 

• 11:55 a.m. - Five minutes to go! Got any fun questions for our guests?

• 12:00 p.m. - And that's a wrap! The  LIVE CHAT has ended with our guests.

96 Replies
TreaserMandevu
New Contributor II

Cant wait,am so excited right now

ALFREDCHAGU
New Contributor

Am i late?

0 Kudos
JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor

Alfred we are starting at the top of the hour!

--Joseh 

0 Kudos
LuisOlivieri1
New Contributor III

Very happy to be here!!!!  

ArtWalker
New Contributor

Nicole, when did your love for GIS first begin and what is your biggest inspiration for doing it all these years?

NicoleMinni
New Contributor III

My love for GIS began back in 1993 when I brought together my love for graphic design into the world of mapping. It inspires me to feel like the mapping I do is making a difference.

ArtWalker
New Contributor

You are absolutely making a difference!  Thank you for inspiring me!

0 Kudos
BILLJENSEN1
New Contributor II

Hello Nicole, I had a question in regards to those who have earned an Associates degree in GIS/GPS but who really cannot afford to go to a 4 yr degree in the GIS field of study. The question is I am pursuing taking the Desktop Certificaton Exam so have you taken any of these exams? And what is your advice in preparation for these certifications?

NicoleMinni
New Contributor III

Hi Bill, in our state we have an Associate Degree program in GIS at Delaware Technical Community College Geographic Information Systems Technology | Delaware Technical Community College  UD is offering a certificate program in GIS also. 

0 Kudos
BILLJENSEN1
New Contributor II

Thanks.

0 Kudos