Select to view content in your preferred language

GIS Day Questions

09-22-2023 11:07 AM
GISJess
Regular Contributor

I'm looking into potentially celebrating GIS day at my work, but I have a few questions, as I would need to swing this idea by the higher ups and want to present them the perks of hosting a GIS day.

1. Can the celebration just be internal? I'm not sure we can open it to the general public. And if it's a small group would that count?

2. Would only having a small internal group effect the Software donation?

3. Does the Software donation of five ArcGIS for Personal Use annual subscriptions come with all the bells and whistles mentioned here?  https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-for-personal-use/buy

4. Do I need to share anything from the event? ie any photos, any presentations?

5. Does there need to be a formal presentation? 

6. Does it have to be on Nov 15th?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Hi @GISJess,

This is great you're planning to celebrate GIS Day at your work this year! I can help answer your questions and will also give others the opportunity to give their input as well. 

1. Can the celebration just be internal? I'm not sure we can open it to the general public. And if it's a small group would that count?

• You can certainly host an internal GIS Day event without any minimum attendance requirement. We highly encourage both internal and external events!

2. Would only having a small internal group effect the Software donation?

• Not at all. Every GIS Day event, regardless of its size, has a lasting impact on the GIS community. The ArcGIS Personal Use licenses are specifically created to enhance GIS practice throughout the year, so the number of attendees at your event does not determine who earns this.

3. Does the Software donation of five ArcGIS for Personal Use annual subscriptions come with all the bells and whistles mentioned here?  https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-for-personal-use/buy

• Here's what's included with the five individual ArcGIS for Personal Use licenses:
    • Free, one-year license
    • Value: $100 USD per license
    • Each certificate has a unique coupon code
    • Coupon code required to redeem license (up to five redemptions per code)
    • Provides access to a full range of ArcGIS capabilities
    • Includes GIS software, data and training [Learn More]
    • Note: Licenses must be redeemed by January 24, 2024

4. Do I need to share anything from the event? ie any photos, any presentations?

• Posting photos, videos, presentations, marketing materials, recordings, etc., is highly encouraged (but not mandatory) among our members as this will inspire others to organize future events. Additionally, at Esri, we enjoy seeing our members' GIS Day events and may use them for future marketing purposes.

5. Does there need to be a formal presentation? 

• This is totally up to you and how you intend to plan your event. If you take a look at the GIS Day Forums from last year and this year, members have done all sorts of events!

6. Does it have to be on Nov 15th?

• We do encourage members to plan their event on November 15th but this certainly is not a requirement. I would plan a date and time that works best with everyone's schedule whether that's a few days before or even a week after GIS Day. Totally up to you! 

I hope this help and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Brianna Ettley
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
Bencity12
New Contributor

I have registered my event have not heard from Esri yet .

0 Kudos
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Bencity12 - when you registered your event on the GIS Day site, did you receive a confirmation email?

Brianna Ettley
0 Kudos
Bencity12
New Contributor

Not yet . Was expecting a mail but to no avail

0 Kudos
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

@Bencity12,

Once you register a GIS Day event, you're supposed to receive a follow-up email. This may have slipped into your spam folder? What I can do is PM you and I'll email you the follow-up email you should have received. 

Brianna Ettley
0 Kudos
GISJess
Regular Contributor

@BriannaEttley Thank you so much for your detailed answers!! This is very helpful.