XTools Pro - Export Table to MS Excel

01-07-2013 08:49 AM
ShinoRah
New Contributor
Hi there,

I have created a model that merges several dbfs then exports that final merged table to an excel file.  All the results of the tool are contained in that exel file,

I am just wondering if anyone knows how to format the resulting excel file such that its more clear to the end user.

The tool outputs several spatial statistics for shapefiles, I would like to input labels into column 1: "Min, mean, within 600m, etc." so the end user knows exactly what all the numbers mean. 

Is this possible without moving into python?

Please let me know if you have any ideas and thanks in advance!!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
Hi there,

I have created a model that merges several dbfs then exports that final merged table to an excel file.  All the results of the tool are contained in that exel file,

I am just wondering if anyone knows how to format the resulting excel file such that its more clear to the end user.

The tool outputs several spatial statistics for shapefiles, I would like to input labels into column 1: "Min, mean, within 600m, etc." so the end user knows exactly what all the numbers mean. 

You can control the output field names using the field mapping parameter in the Merge tool. If you aren't changing with the inputs, you can do this using the field mapping control in the Merge tool dialog within your model. Otherwise, you may have to use Python to set up your field mapping (you can do this with the Calculate Value tool). Programming field mappings in Python is challenging, but it does work.
0 Kudos