Why won't my attribute table map itself? I have lat/long and it won't map after running the geoprocessing.

12-04-2019 01:05 PM
AnthonyPodesto
New Contributor III

I have lat/long and it won't map after running the geoprocessing.  My mind is officially toast.  Any help would be great!!!

Thanks 

Anthony

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

What do you mean by "geoprocessing"? Which tool are you using? If you're using Add XY Data in ArcMap, what coordinate system are you assigning to the xy data? If it's latitude-longitude values, you need to define that geographic coordinate system. Also are you assigning the correct column to latitude etc.?

0 Kudos
AnthonyPodesto
New Contributor III

Thanks for your time.  Yes, I am using the Add XY Data tool.  I am using the GCS_WGS_1984 geographic coordinate system for my area.  After I complete the task, I can use the "zoom in to layer" button and it takes me to the area, but it will not show any points.  For the life of me, I cannot figure it out.

I should advise I am relatively new to ArcGis Pro.

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you post a sample row from the table here? If not, can you send me a sample via email? mkennedy at esri dot com

0 Kudos
AnthonyPodesto
New Contributor III

Sorry for the long response Melita, I have been out of the office but ended up getting it figured out.

Thanks so much!