Time Slider

01-23-2014 04:38 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: alindsay

Hi!

I am having troubles viewing all the layers in my time slider. I am trying to create a time slider of ortho images. When i add my first few raster years they play in the time slider, but when i add another year (1978 eg.) my time slider will not show the previous years, and only shows 1978.

I am loading mosaiced rasters into a master mosaic data set, updating overviews, building pyramids, and calculating statics, then populating the attribute table with a date column and enabling time on the master mosaic.

Any idea on why only some images show, and why when adding certain years it blocks the other years from showing?

Thanks for the help!!
0 Kudos
8 Replies
GISDev1
Occasional Contributor III
What version ArcGIS Desktop are you running?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am running 10.0
0 Kudos
GISDev1
I am running 10.0

Test it in a Raster Catalog instead of a Mosaic dataset. I remember reading something about Mosaic datasets having some issue with the Time Slider. Also, make sure your dates are fully qualified with Day, Month, Year, and Time.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using a raster catalog seems to be working!

Thanks for the help!
0 Kudos
GISDev1
Using a raster catalog seems to be working!

Thanks for the help!

Great! If that was the answer to your original question, then go ahead and click the post as the answer so the thread will show that it has been answered in the forum.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, i thought that the raster catalog was working, but it only worked for a few images. I was able to load about 6 images and then they started just showing as blue images. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
MichaelAugust

Did you guys ever figure this out - we're still having trouble with raster catalogs and the time slider...thanks!

0 Kudos
GeraldThornberry
New Contributor

The method in this link works well for me in ArcGIS 10.1, though it sounds similar to what you are doing.  I have several years of imagery over the same location that draw well after following these steps.

ArcGIS Help 10.1

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Creating_a_mosaic_dataset_containing_raste...

0 Kudos