Table to Excel Script - Multiple workbooks

09-06-2016 02:28 PM
JustinGleeson2
New Contributor

I am using the Table to Excel Script to export a table from a model. This works nicely for one table. However, the data I am processing within the model comes under a number of different Themes and is stored in separate tables.

Is there a script/tool available that allow multiple tables to be exported to the one excel file in different workbooks?

many thanks

Justin

3 Replies
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

From reading the help for Table to Excel, it wouldn't seem to allow you to do this. Only as separate excel files.

You may have to roll your own with python / xlrt.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Doing a quick browser search, it looks like there are ways to do this with Python using Pandas.  I haven't used Pandas so can't give much advice on that, but I'll tag a few that might know more Dan PattersonXander Bakker Darren Wiens 

But this also looks like a place I would start Combining Data From Multiple Excel Files - Practical Business Python 

and a few others from the comment section of that thread and another search on Pandas and Excel

Creating Excel files with Python and XlsxWriter — XlsxWriter Documentation 

Working with Python Pandas and XlsxWriter — XlsxWriter Documentation 

python - pandas: Writing to an existing excel file (xlsx) using to_excel - Stack Overflow 

pandas.DataFrame.to_excel — pandas 0.18.1 documentation 

(I could have used something like this to combine file myself  last night)

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If you have Pro installed, the distribution makes installing excel stuff easy,  an example given here

/blogs/dan_patterson/2016/07/17/anaconda-spyder-and-arcgis-pro