Successive commands within a for loop in arcpy

Jump to solution
12-05-2020 07:11 AM
CamiSunley
New Contributor II

Hello, everyone !

I have a list of rasters ('intlist') and for each of them I want to execute succesive commands ('Minus' and 'Con') within a for loop trying to avoid the middle results load and keep only the output rasters from the last command within the loop. I tried the code below but it doesn't return right results, so I would like to ask if there is something that can fix this. 

for i in intlist:
enVr = Minus(i, 260)
outCon = Con(enVr, enVr, 0, "Value >= 0")
name = "C:/MSc_thesis/int/" + "en{}".format(i)
outCon.save(name)

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

isn't the return value of ListRasters a string? i.e. intlist is a list of string names of the raster, not Raster Objects.

I'd say to cast the raster into an object with ras_object = arcpy.Raster(i)

i may even just be the name and not the path, whereby you would have to get the raster path with something like path = os.path.join(arcpy.env.workspace, i)

ras_object = arcpy.Raster(path)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

can you post the full code?

A quick first guess would be that theres no format specified in the string, theres also no need to combine + with .format

name = "C:/MSc_thesis/int/en{}.tif".format(i)
CamiSunley
New Contributor II

Here is another option of saving the output.. The names are saved correctly, but the output it's not right concerning the calculations as there are still Values <0. 

from arcpy import env

from arcpy import env

from arcpy.sa import *

import os

arcpy.env.workspace = "C:/MSc_thesis"

intlist  = arcpy.ListRasters("*", "TIF")

f = 260

for i in intlist:

enVr = Minus(i, f)                              

outCon = Con(enVr, enVr, 0, "Value >= 0")

outCon.save(os.path.join(arcpy.env.workspace,"en" + str(i)))

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

isn't the return value of ListRasters a string? i.e. intlist is a list of string names of the raster, not Raster Objects.

I'd say to cast the raster into an object with ras_object = arcpy.Raster(i)

i may even just be the name and not the path, whereby you would have to get the raster path with something like path = os.path.join(arcpy.env.workspace, i)

ras_object = arcpy.Raster(path)