Select to view content in your preferred language

Script error and simplyfying point "unique values" symbology

01-29-2015 09:09 AM
LukasKeller
Deactivated User

Hello,

I have tried to use several tools like kriging, reclassify and probably some others. My problem is, that I get an error popup saying that there is some invalid pointer or something, row 51,...and some other things I have no idead what they mean. I'll add a picture of it, and although it's in Czech language, structure of the text shouldn't change across languages. Now it asks me if I want to run the script and if I click no, error message and the tool window will close and if I click yes, the tool window will stay, but it will have clear background. Any idea what is wrong? Is my instalation corrupted?

The other question is this: I have a set of points, trees in particular, and I have used near tool to calculate it's distance from lines, hoping, it would calculate only perpendicular distances, no angles. Am I wrong here? Should I use different tool or it can't be done in arcmap? Now when I symbolised the layer with unique values from the near_dist field, I get tens of values. I wouldn't be bothered but I would rather work with smaller set of values. Is there a way to do pretty much the same like reclassify with raster data?

Thanks

Lukas

chyba.jpg

mala louka.jpg

0 Kudos
10 Replies
LukasKeller
Deactivated User

Hello Xander, thank you for your suggestion. I don't understand much about the buffer solution, but I will take a note about it, and when possible, try to implement it into my problem. The thesis I was working on in January, did't include this statistics in the end.

0 Kudos