Scratchworkspace file already exists

Jump to solution
02-15-2013 02:15 AM
AlexKaiserlis
New Contributor II
I created a model with model builder using the tool Generate near talbe. for output i use %scratchworkspace%\Nearstrat.dbf. When i run the model once everyting is fine. But then i get the error that the file already exists. is there a way to overwrite the file?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor
In ArcMap go to Geoprocessing >geoprocessing option tick on overwrite at top of dialog.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor
In ArcMap go to Geoprocessing >geoprocessing option tick on overwrite at top of dialog.
0 Kudos
AlexKaiserlis
New Contributor II
Thanks!! that did the trick. Do you happen to know if this will work if i make it as a geoproccessing service?
0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor
Alex,

Sorry I don't know the answer to that question as I have never done any web based geo-processing. May be someone lese can answer this?

Duncan
0 Kudos
DaleHoneycutt
Occasional Contributor III
ArcGIS Geoprocessing services will overwrite existing data by default.
If you are on 10.1, I would suggest that you use %scratchfolder% instead of %scratchworkspace% since you're writing a .dbf.  But if you're creating geoprocessing services with 10.1, you don't have to use any scratch workspace or folder -- the service publishing process figures out that you're writing a .dbf file and will 'automagically' write it to the scratch folder.
0 Kudos