Select to view content in your preferred language

Questions about Macros

07-28-2010 01:00 AM
DavidAmerson
New Contributor
I think this is the correct forum but if it isn't, please let me know.

I have a project that contains several constantly updated livefeeds. I am trying to make a multi-step model that will query the user to input a desired time range. The model would then show only those points on the ArcMap. I've tried using the "Select by Attributes" in my model but when I make the SQL expression a model parameter it crashes my ArcMap. It looks like any use of SQL within my model crashes the system immediately and sometimes crashes the system when I try to restart it.

The next step would search for all points (in the selected time-range) in a specific area which was previously created on the ArcMap. I have succeeded in this step using the clip tool within the model.

Can someone suggest a method that would allow me to use models so the user can determine, on the fly the time range in which he/she is interested? I would normally just use definition queries through the layer properties but in this instance it would be too clunky and there's no guarantee so to the level of Arc knowledge the user possesses.

Thank you very much.

David
0 Kudos
0 Replies