Project from Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area Projection Definition to WGS84

04-22-2014 04:19 AM
GuillermoMarques
New Contributor
Hi
I´m trying to project a raster from Sphere_ARC_INFO Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area Projection Definition to UTM WGS84
This raster has been downloaded from http://phenology.cr.usgs.gov/get_data_250e.php  and I wanted project 

Can somebody help me please, because when I load into  I show it with an offset. Thank you so much.

Regards,
Guillermo
0 Kudos
3 Replies
D__SamuelRajasekhar
New Contributor III
Hello Guillermo,

The UTM Datum WGS84 has Zones as in UTM Datum NAD83. Since this image encompasses multiple zones, I do not know how it works out or what zone you assign it to (unless there is a universal Zone). However you can re-project this to Geographic WGS84 (units in lat/long) or WebMercator (units in meters). Both worked fine.

-Samuel
0 Kudos
GuillermoMarques
New Contributor
Hello Guillermo,

The UTM Datum WGS84 has Zones as in UTM Datum NAD83. Since this image encompasses multiple zones, I do not know how it works out or what zone you assign it to (unless there is a universal Zone). However you can re-project this to Geographic WGS84 (units in lat/long) or WebMercator (units in meters). Both worked fine.

-Samuel

Hello Samuel
The problem is that when layer is transformed the result is shifted, even when I project to Lat/long, what I need is to know how to do this in ArcGIS with no shifting
0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor
Hello,

Try unprojecting the data to its GCS (ArcInfo Sphere), then use the Define Projection tool to change the coordinate system to WGS 1984. At that point, try adding it, with your other data, to ArcMap. If it lines up, use the Project to convert to the final coordinate system that you want to use.

Melita
0 Kudos