Precision and Scale

Jump to solution
02-15-2013 07:11 AM
ChrisKnox
New Contributor
Im adding values to the precision and scale of a floating point, although doesn't seem to be working. For say 42.1, what would the scale and precision values be?

C
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthiasWoerner
New Contributor III
Dear Chris,

Precision means the total number of digits and Scale means the number of positions after decimal point. So for a number like 42.1 you have to enter 3 as Precision and 1 for Scale.

Regards,
Matthias

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MatthiasWoerner
New Contributor III
Dear Chris,

Precision means the total number of digits and Scale means the number of positions after decimal point. So for a number like 42.1 you have to enter 3 as Precision and 1 for Scale.

Regards,
Matthias
0 Kudos
ChrisKnox
New Contributor
Great thanks 🙂 Sorry but I have another quick question- how do i make the point files sit on top of an image? The points are beneath the image, and can only be seen when the image is moved. My TOC is pretty bare- just the one Shapefile, so it's not as easy as just moving the position of the Shapefile in the TOC.

Chris
0 Kudos
MatthiasWoerner
New Contributor III
Hi Chris,

Sorry, I'm not sure if I got it right. You have only one shapefile in the TOC? And that contains points? What do you mean with image - your ArcMap file or a loaded image file in the map? But then it would appear in the TOC, too, wouldn't it?

If there are several layers loaded and visible in the TOC, you can easily move them up- and downwards there. But I think you know that.

Maybe you can clarify a bit or even attach a screenshot.

Regards,
Matthias
0 Kudos
ChrisKnox
New Contributor
Hi Matthias,

Managed to sort it out- I was importing the image by just going to insert picture, instead of doing it by add data (and appearing in the TOC as a result).

Thanks for the support- appreciate it.
Chris
0 Kudos
MatthiasWoerner
New Contributor III
Hi Chris,

...alright. And By the way: If my upper post was helpful for you, you could make me happy with my first earned ArcGIS Forum Point (http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/forums-mvp/).

Thanks,
Matthias
0 Kudos