Null Values with Extract Multi Values to Points

09-21-2011 07:47 AM
MichaelWhitby1
New Contributor
When I use the Extract Multi Values to Points (Spatial Analyst) all my points receive a <null> value even though there are values in the rasters (DEM and aspect) where the points are located.

I tested the Extract Values to Points tool, and the results were correct; However I would like the values in the original point file and to do multiple rasters at once. Any suggestions on what might be wrong?
0 Kudos
23 Replies
BrianEddy
New Contributor III

Thanks Curtis.  I'll check it out....

Brian

0 Kudos
DavidNagel
New Contributor II

I didn't have any problem with this function using 10.3.1. Working on another computer with 10.5.1 I get numerous NULL values in my results where I got valid values previously. Extremely frustrating. I don't have any nulls in my rasters and the point file seems to be perfect. Using Extract Values to Points works fine on a single raster. Using Extract Multi Values to Points on the same single raster gives NULL values in a number of records. Just adding to the thread here in case anyone else needs validation that this program has a problem.

0 Kudos
Dirk
by
New Contributor II

I was getting the same issue. Numerous things stated in this thread helped:

- ensure the input point layer and raster are switched off when you run the tool (switch off the table too if you have it on)

- ensure the coordinate systems are aligned

One additional thing that was a problem in my case:

- Ensure you clear any selections before running the tool. 

0 Kudos
JosephRigley
New Contributor III

Still a problem at 10.8 over a decade later. In my case, I couldn't get Extract Values to Points to work either, it would also only produce null values.

Luckily I was able to successfully run the tools in Pro.

0 Kudos