Multipart to singlepart

10-07-2016 01:45 AM
IgnatiusRumambi
New Contributor II

I am working with polyline file of a city, its about 8771 records, I do understand that,  the best way to create network dataset, the lines between the jucntion have one line instead of several separate lines.
See Attachment: I hereby want to show that between A-B ismust be (one record). Is that true?, 

Otherwise, the calculation of the time give not the correct  result.
I've tried the tools "Multipart to Single line" but i think  its didnt work properly, the junction between  A-B stil there. and there  are stil 5 parts of separate lines.

The record number of the result table was larger than the originale table after I had executed the command.  .... ??? ...
If anyone can help me, please.

Regards

Ignas Rumambi

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

the time obtained from the traversal from A to B will be the same whether it is dissolved or not.  The processing time, may take longer because there are more nodes and segments in the network.

Are you looking for this tool? Dissolve Network—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

IgnatiusRumambi
New Contributor II

Thanks for your quick response, so it is not necessary in this case to use the tools Dissolve network, if it makes no difference in terms of time .....

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

it makes no difference in the time that is reported to go from point A to B.  The help topic, suggests that it can speed up network calculations by removing extraneous nodes.  You may not notice a difference at all.  But of course, you would only experiment on a copy of the network and not your only version.