ModelBuilder Output Names Issue

10-26-2015 02:36 PM
RobertScruggs
New Contributor II

I have a model that creates some output buffers and lines, and adds the initials as a parameter value to the end of the output name. The model works perfectly within modelbuilder, but when I run it out of the toolbox, the output names are combinations of all the tools that have ran. I can not figure this out, Help please!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Set your output as a parameter (right click the data element / set as parameter). Then you can specify the output dataset name when you run the model as a tool.

RobertScruggs
New Contributor II

That will work, but I want to keep it as simple as possible, that's why I have the initials added to all of the outputs. I just don't understand why it is changing the output names from what they say they are in the model. Like I said it works when run from within modelbuilder, but not when run outside.

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Robert, if you could post your model to the thread that may help us figure out what's going on here.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I have moved this to Geoprocessing Geonet help is about help on Geonet.  The Community Structure is given in this link

0 Kudos