model iteration fails

02-18-2011 05:57 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: frankv3

i have a model that was working two days ago and now will no longer work
it iterates datasets for cad files to generate featureclasses
when it's fired up it just runs the iterate than finishes without running any of the processes and says it has completed successfully
if i run a process manually, define projection or cad to geodatabase in arccatalog they processes run fine, has this happened to anyone else?

system windows xp
arcgis 10

attached are images of the dxf directory, iterator setting, and model
0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

i tried simplifying the model so that it only iterates through a directory of cad files and converts them to a file geodatabase featureclass and it still won't do it
attached are images of the process
anyone else experiecing this?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

this is still an issue for us, it's as if ArcGIS does not recognize the dxf files in the directory to iterate as cad datasets

has anyone else experienced this?
0 Kudos
LeThanh
New Contributor II
probably i think this issue is a bug that ESRI cant figure out as it's not fixed yet so far.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: bo1jpxx

did you ever sort this? I'm having the same problem using workspace iteration. it works when i run all the tools independently
0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
this is still an issue for us, it's as if ArcGIS does not recognize the dxf files in the directory to iterate as cad datasets

has anyone else experienced this?

Looks like the iterator is not finding any files, correct?

Are the CAD datasets recognized in the catalog window? I'd also look at pathnames that start with a number or have spaces, these can sometimes have problems.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: thowze

It looks like I'm Johnny-Come-Lately to this thread, and you probably figured it out.  I wanted to post this in-case some other poor person was about to throw their computer out the window like I was about to.  I was trying to do the same operation of this thread post, iterate through a directory of CAD files, but nothing was happening.  I found a solution that worked for me.  Silly me, I had the CAD option on the Dataset Type selected, duh.  Completely flubbed on that because I thought Dataset Type was a filter for CAD specific layers.  I tend to look at Model options to be somewhat logical, so you give me an option of CAD when I want to access CAD files I click it.  ESRI meet me half way here!  At least document that the dataset type option is there just to frustrate you into curse word filled tirades, then I would only have myself to blame.  Turns out, it doesn't like that option, at least not for me, today, at this minute (not guaranteeing the future results or yours for that matter).  I deleted that option, put a *.dwg in my wildcard and viola it worked. I really hope this response can help you avoid a disciplinary action write-up from your superiors by reducing any expletives that would come from such nonsense. 
Cheers,
Tony
0 Kudos