Model Builder won't display results on map

Jump to solution
07-19-2013 09:23 AM
ShikoNjuno
Occasional Contributor
Hello folks, I'm hoping one of you have a solution to my problem today.
I have a model that runs perfectly in the edit mode, and does exactly what it should by displaying the results that have the setting "Add to Display". However, when in comes to running the model outside of the edit mode.....it'll run, but won't display the results on the map.
Since the model works okay in edit mode....I'm sure it's fine. I just need to figure out what setting to change so that it will work from the toolbar as any other model should.
Please help....I need to fix this like yesterday. :confused:
Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShikoNjuno
Occasional Contributor
Alright.....I figured it out y'all. 😄
See Below: This is directly from the Help Menu on Model Builder. Super helpful.

Note:Add To Display has no effect outside ModelBuilder. When running a model tool from its dialog box or the Python window, the Add To Display setting will not be honored. To add model data variables to the display when running the model from its dialog box or the Python window, make the data variable a model parameter, then enable the Add results of geoprocessing operations to the display option from the Standard toolbar: Geoprocessing > Geoprocessing Options > Add results of geoprocessing operations to the display.

Copyright © 1995-2012 Esri. All rights reserved.

One other problem I ran into was the fact that my output happens to be a table and the name of the location where I was saving this output included spaces.....which is not supported for any type of Table or Coverage Output. Just an FYI!!!

Cheers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShikoNjuno
Occasional Contributor
Alright.....I figured it out y'all. 😄
See Below: This is directly from the Help Menu on Model Builder. Super helpful.

Note:Add To Display has no effect outside ModelBuilder. When running a model tool from its dialog box or the Python window, the Add To Display setting will not be honored. To add model data variables to the display when running the model from its dialog box or the Python window, make the data variable a model parameter, then enable the Add results of geoprocessing operations to the display option from the Standard toolbar: Geoprocessing > Geoprocessing Options > Add results of geoprocessing operations to the display.

Copyright © 1995-2012 Esri. All rights reserved.

One other problem I ran into was the fact that my output happens to be a table and the name of the location where I was saving this output included spaces.....which is not supported for any type of Table or Coverage Output. Just an FYI!!!

Cheers
0 Kudos