Model Builder without a 'Save As' option?!?!?! ESRI?

Jump to solution
04-20-2012 01:17 AM
KamrulKashem
New Contributor III
Hi, I am fairly new to using ESRI products but i have noticed a very basic functionality not included in the model builder tool.

I basically wanted to remove a few items from a previous model that i had made then simply click the 'Save as' button to save this model as another model version.
Having realised there is no Save as button i clicked on the save wondering if it will prompt me to save over the previous version or choose a new file name, but nope! It decides to save over the previous model. Now i panicked because i had thought i lost my model but luckily the CTRL Z undo button saved my life and i got my old model back and quickly clicked the save button again!

I know you can copy and paste into a new model builder window, but this is a very lame way of working. How could this simple option be missed ??? ESRI please add a Save As button on the model builder window!!! 🙂

Saying that my models are fairly simple, but if i had crossed off the window, i would not even be able to undo back to my previous model.

Problem! Bump this thread if you agree 😉

Kam
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor
Hello,

With regards to adding a 'Save as' option in Modelbuilder, an Enhancement Request was previously submitted a while back and should be addressed in the next release of ArcGIS which is version 10.1.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor
Hello,

With regards to adding a 'Save as' option in Modelbuilder, an Enhancement Request was previously submitted a while back and should be addressed in the next release of ArcGIS which is version 10.1.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
KamrulKashem
New Contributor III
Hi Kburke,

Thank you very much for the information! 🙂
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
I usually copy and paste the model in the toolbox, rename, edit and save.
0 Kudos