Model builder- float to raster processing

03-19-2013 02:44 PM
JessicaSackett
New Contributor
Question from a very frustrated individual trying to learn model builder.  Can you create a model that will allow you to choose the location of the float files you wish to use, process them to raster then define the projection?  Everything I've read seems to show that you have to hard code the file you wish into the model.  This seems ridiculously inflexible.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
Question from a very frustrated individual trying to learn model builder.  Can you create a model that will allow you to choose the location of the float files you wish to use, process them to raster then define the projection?  Everything I've read seems to show that you have to hard code the file you wish into the model.  This seems ridiculously inflexible.  Thanks.

Right click a data input or output and pick "Set as Parameter".  Unless I'm missing something.

There is a tutorial in the help that walks you through the process.
0 Kudos
JessicaSackett
New Contributor
I have the input set as a parameter.  If I simply click on the Float to Raster tool, the .flt files I have work perfectly.  I've set the input to list of values but when I bring in the .flt files Arc errors out and says the data type is wrong.  There is no float data type.  I've tried numerous types and none have worked.  I've attached an image of the model as of now.  I want to add to it but if I can't progress beyond this step, there's no point in using model builder.
0 Kudos
JessicaSackett
New Contributor
Seems like the batch portion is the issue.  If I right click on the Float to Raster tool > Batch I get the same error as with the model tool.
0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
I want to add to it but if I can't progress beyond this step, there's no point in using model builder.

This does look like a bug. A single raster validates fine, but multi-value will not validate. I tried adding a dataset and THEN converting to multi value and that seemed to work, but then I had trouble when running the model as a tool.

I got it to work fine with Iterate Files, which is more of a 10.x way to do it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22797[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos