Model Builder Error (Joining tables and adding fields)

11-30-2011 05:17 AM
KathrinSchulte-Braucks
New Contributor III
Hello,

I am using ArcView 9.3 Modelbuilder.

My problem is the following:

I want to join two dbase tables, make the join permanent and add a field to the new permanent table.

Since I don't have the Join Field Tool, I have to use Add Join which only can join a Table view and a permanent table.

The workflow:

I use "Make Table View" for the first dbase table, then I connect the Table view and the second dBase table to the "Add Join Tool". Afterwards, I use the "Copy Rows" tool to make the connection of the tables permanent. Then I use the "Add Field" Tool.

I get the following error when connecting the new permanent dbase (output of "Copy Rows") to the "Add Field" tool:

"Error 000840". Something with invalid input values.

Funnily, when I first run the model without the Add Field tool; validate the model and run it again with the add field tool, the error does not appear.

I will add a graphic of the model as soon as possible.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Kathrin
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KathrinSchulte-Braucks
New Contributor III
Attached please find the error message and a screenshot of the model.
0 Kudos
KathrinSchulte-Braucks
New Contributor III
I still don't know what's causing this error but I could work around it by rearranging the order of the tools.

My model runs now fine once, but every further run causes the well-known "cannot get exclusive schema lock" error. I have to delete all files in the specified folder to be able to rerun the model.
0 Kudos