Model Builder and environmental settings

Jump to solution
03-26-2012 01:30 PM
EllenWadsworth
New Contributor
I would like to use Model Builder to process some rasters and use some of the features in the environments settings.  The button that is usually at the bottom of a geoprocessing tool for changing environments is not there when I drag the tool on to the model builder canvas and open it from there.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
The button that is usually at the bottom of a geoprocessing tool for changing environments is not there when I drag the tool on to the model builder canvas and open it from there.

Inside the model, right click the tool, click properties, pick the Environments tab. If you want to use other model elements to set environments, say, extent, you can use the connect tool to click and drag from the element to the tool and follow the dialog (environments/extent for example).

Here's the help article with more details about how environments work inside Model Builder:

Arc 10.0 Help: A quick tour of managing model environments

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
The button that is usually at the bottom of a geoprocessing tool for changing environments is not there when I drag the tool on to the model builder canvas and open it from there.

Inside the model, right click the tool, click properties, pick the Environments tab. If you want to use other model elements to set environments, say, extent, you can use the connect tool to click and drag from the element to the tool and follow the dialog (environments/extent for example).

Here's the help article with more details about how environments work inside Model Builder:

Arc 10.0 Help: A quick tour of managing model environments
0 Kudos
GeorgiaHalsted
New Contributor
If you want to use other model elements to set environments, say, extent, you can use the connect tool to click and drag from the element to the tool and follow the dialog
0 Kudos
EllenWadsworth
New Contributor
Both suggestions are very helpful, thanks!
0 Kudos