Missing ModelBuilder models in ArcGIS10

12-02-2011 09:09 AM
SteveGordon
New Contributor
Hi,

I am sure I am missing something obvious...a few weeks ago I built several (working) models in ArcGIS 9.3 and in the meantime our organization upgraded to ArcGIS 10. I now cannot see those models visible in ArcCatalog, although I have made the proepr folder connections to my geodatabase and other folders.

Are models in 9.3 not viable in 10, or do I need to enable something in my new install of 10?

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction!

Steve
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor
v10 should see them. Was the toolbox a stand alone tbx file or a toolbox inside a geodatabase? If it is a tbx file is it actually in the same folder, can you see it in Windows explorer?
0 Kudos
SteveGordon
New Contributor
v10 should see them. Was the toolbox a stand alone tbx file or a toolbox inside a geodatabase? If it is a tbx file is it actually in the same folder, can you see it in Windows explorer?

Thanks for your response. The models were in a custom toolbox I placed in a file geodatabase. The GDB was built in Version 9.3, but I haven't had any other compatibility issues with 9.3 geodatabase items opening in 10.0.

Steve
0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor
Steve,

Well not sure whats going on then. Before your organization "neuters" you in their pursuit of "upgrade perfection" I would try the following. If you have access to a 9.3 machine I would use arc catalog to create a file based toolbox (a tbx file) and then use arc catalog to copy your models into it so you get them out of your file geodatabase. Hopefully version 10 then will see them. You should then be able to import them back into your upgraded v10 file geodatabase.

Duncan
0 Kudos
SteveGordon
New Contributor
Thanks Duncan!

As it happens I do still have a 9.3 machine around, so I'll give it a try.

Best wishes,

Steve
0 Kudos