Make Query Table tool - need help please!!

01-26-2011 10:39 AM
JaysonLindahl
Occasional Contributor
I am having trouble using this tool.  I'm using 9.3.1 and have built a personal geodatabase with a table and feature class.  The column data types are both TEXT.

When I try to relate the tables with an SQL expression, I receive an error message.

"There was an error with the expression.  General function failure [GOM_WELLBOT]. Too few parameters. Expected 1."

This is my expression: A_Alerts.queryid = GOM_WELLBOT.apiid

**Update**
I now have moved my data into SDE.  Now when I run the make query tool from arctoolbox in catalog, I receive a new SQL verification error:
"There was an error with the expression. Underlyling DBMS eror [ORA-00904:xxxxxxxxxxx invalid identifier xxxxxx"
0 Kudos
2 Replies
LorettaBogert-O_Brien
New Contributor
Has there been a resolution to this problem?  I am getting the same error when trying to use the Make Query Table tool in ArcMap 10.0 with a feature layer and a separate attribute table which are both in the same personal geodatabase.  I am trying to duplicate features in a feature class to match all the entries in an attribute table, joining on a common variable.   I got no errors, just an empty output layer when I ran it first, i.e. all the fields were there but there were no features at all. 

Then I ran verify on my expression (FeatureLayerName.Legal_Id = AttributeTable.Legal_Id), and it gives the error:
"There was an error with the expression. General function failure. [AttributeTable] Too few parameters. Expected 1."
0 Kudos
markdenil
Occasional Contributor III
Comparing the Script Sample for MakeQueryTable to your snippits,
It looks to me that You are not using the form:
database.table.field to identify each field you want to reference.
You simply use table.field
If Arc cannot find the item requested, it will return an error such as you are getting.
0 Kudos