LAS Dataset to Raster Error

Jump to solution
03-21-2019 03:26 PM
samiahmoustafa
New Contributor II

I am trying to run the LAS dataset to raster tool on a Lidar data set. I receive a 99999 error along with "The specified file or folder does not exist". Any recommendations? See attached error screenshot and lidar properties screenshot.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
samiahmoustafa
New Contributor II

Thanks for all the suggestions. I found out it was related to the originally created .lasd file not transferring over the .lasd layer statistics. I reran the Create LAS Dataset tool with 'calculate statistics' checked and it worked. Thanks again for all the help!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Can you show a screen grab of the tool inputs rather than the error message... it is too truncated to be useful.

LAS Dataset To Raster—Conversion toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop for pro... can't remember 10.3 if it was the same

0 Kudos
samiahmoustafa
New Contributor II

Great idea! I uploaded it as an attachment to the original post.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

User folder... try a different one and emulate the format of input and outputs as in the help topic I sent

'C:/data/your.lasd'

'C:/data/your_out.tif'

changing to a *.tif is now the preferred output raster format for many

0 Kudos
samiahmoustafa
New Contributor II

It still didn't work even when I changed folder structure and output to a .tif. I am working on ArcMap 10.5.1 right now.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

well there is only one thread with the same error message... but

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/manage-data/las-dataset/lidar-solutions-creating-raster-dem...

has a section on the procedure so that may be an issue..

Using the LAS dataset

A LAS dataset simply references a collection of LAS files and, optional feature classes that define surface characteristics, such as break lines. LAS datasets are stored as files using the *.lasd extension. Use the Create LAS Dataset geoprocessing tool to define the LAS dataset, then make a layer from it by adding it to a map. Define point filters from the Filter tab of the LAS dataset's Layer Properties dialog box. Filter properties are important because they control what points from the LAS files to process. Neither DEMs nor DSMs are made from all points; you must use a filter.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Samiah,

Can you try turning off/turning on Background Geoprocessing? Do you still get the error?

• Click the Geoprocessing menu
  • Select Geoprocessing Options
  • In the Background Processing section, check/uncheck the Enable box

Sometimes that does the trick!

Good luck!

-Lauren

0 Kudos
samiahmoustafa
New Contributor II

Thanks for all the suggestions. I found out it was related to the originally created .lasd file not transferring over the .lasd layer statistics. I reran the Create LAS Dataset tool with 'calculate statistics' checked and it worked. Thanks again for all the help!