Iterate Field Values - Using Value in Select Layer By Attribute

Jump to solution
04-12-2013 07:21 AM
BJMalone
New Contributor
I am trying to build a model that iterates through the unique values of a field, then selects each of those values and calculates another field for that selection.  I'm having trouble passing the Value output from the iteration to the Select Layer by attribute tool.  For example each iteration would output a unique number, lets say 2104, then the Select Layer by Attribute tool would use 2104 as the selection criteria.  The model would iterate through all of the unique values calculating the field for each selected set.  I can't figure out how to get the Select Layer by attribute to use the output Value of the iteration.  Any help would be appreciated.  I am very new to model builder.
0 Kudos
25 Replies
MatthewPayne
Esri Contributor
Glad to hear you were able to get the model running; let me know the results.  And yes, I graduated from WKU in December of 2011.  Are you familiar with the area?

Matt
0 Kudos
BJMalone
New Contributor
I live and work in Bowling Green and attended WKU myself.  I had just happened to see an article in one of the WKU publications about you and some former WKU students working for ESRI.
0 Kudos
MatthewPayne
Esri Contributor
Gotcha.  You'll enjoy it.  I really appreciate the GIS program we have there and what it gave me.  If you get the chance, tell Kevin Cary I said hello. 

How did the model results turn out?

Matt
0 Kudos
BJMalone
New Contributor
Oh, I've already graduated from WKU in 99.  The results were as expected.  I guess 10.1 will be the version of choice for creating models.  Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
MatthewPayne
Esri Contributor
Glad to hear it is working for you.  Be sure to mark one of those posts as "Answered", probably the one containing the correct model so that other users can use this forum as a good resource. 

Well good luck to you there in BG.  Hope to speak to you again soon!

Matt
0 Kudos
AndrewMoffitt
Occasional Contributor III
Cannot see the toolbox in 10.0.

Also, please reevaluate the naming of the video file 😄