Intermediate Data in Model Builder fails to delete

06-09-2011 11:16 AM
LoganSuhr
New Contributor II
I'm having trouble with a model and the intermediate data it creates.  After my model has run, the inter. data still remains.  I am aware that when I choose to run the model while in the model editor, the intermediate data will persist.  But I am experiencing when the model is run on it's own.  I've checked and rechecked to make sure I have selected the correct intermediate data.

The only thing I can think of is that my 'Iterate Feature' process is fouling things up.  I have a nearly identical process without the 'Iterate Feature' step that runs perfectly. 

I'm gracious for any ideas.

I have posted a graphic of my model.  Maybe it will help.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor
Logan,

Looking at your model you are using an iterate feature, this produces a single feature or row from you input FeatureClass and this is feeding into a Dissolve tool. Dissolving a single row does not make sense as typically you dissolve many geometries into each other based upon a field. I think the model logic is flawed?

It would make sense if you were iterating through a folder of featureclasses, if this is the case then you want to be using the Iterate FeatureClass.

Duncan
0 Kudos