Identity Tool Error

02-02-2018 02:44 PM
LiamTurley
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to utilize the Identity tool for a large data set and running into the same problem, which is preventing me from completing my work. This is the same issue faced by Grant West in 2013 but there is no resolution for solving this issue. 

Error I recive while attempting to run this tool is:

Executing: Identity AB11_Pop AB_09_MC_400 C:\Users\Liam\Desktop\POPCount.gdb\MC09400 ALL # NO_RELATIONSHIPS
Start Time: Fri Feb 02 13:22:24 2018
Reading Features...
Processing Tiles...
ERROR 999999: Error executing function.
The table was not found.
The table was not found. [MC09400]
The table was not found.
The table was not found. [MC09400]
Invalid Topology [Topoengine error.]
Failed to execute (Identity).
Failed at Fri Feb 02 15:28:19 2018 (Elapsed Time: 2 hours 5 minutes 55 seconds)

This process works on smaller sample data but while attempting to increase the volume of polygons it fails every time. I am unsure if it is a resource issue. 

My computer specs are as follows:

• Windows 7 64bit
  • 16GB ram
  • Intel i7-6700 @ 3.4GHz
  • 1.2TB space of free space
  • ArcGIS 10.5

I have attempted to run this process in ArcGIS Pro 1.5 and it is unable to open my polygon file. 

Any help would be great, thank you, 

Liam

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If it is simply a large dataset issue, then you can tile to smaller sets

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/tool-reference/appendices/tiled-processing-of-large-datasets.htm

but you should run a Check Geometry and Repair Geometry if necessary, to rule out issues with the geometry

LiamTurley
New Contributor III

Good Morning Dan, 

Thank you for your suggestion, I am still stuck.I ran the Check Geometry and it resulted in zero topological errors, and have not been able to troubleshoot a solution/workaround. Running the files in ArcGIS Pro using the tile capabilities resulted in the same issues. 

Would you happen to have any other suggestions? 

Thank you, 

Liam

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I get concerned when a polygon file opens in arcmap and not in PRO.

I can only recommend exporting/saving to a new geodatabase in a new location and rechecking the geometry.

If it is a resource issue, then you will have to use PRO

If Pro won't do it, then you still have a resource issue and you will have to tile it and run on the subsets