How to make raster calculator output permanent

07-22-2011 09:09 AM
DanielBigelow
New Contributor
I am having trouble in trying to figure out how to make raster calculator output permanent. Every source that I look says to right-click the layer and then click "make permanent". However, that option does not even show up when I right-click my output raster. I also tried to save the output as a layer file but that also does not work. When I add the layer file it still has the red exclamation point next to the layer name. I am using ArcMap 9.3.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanielBigelow
New Contributor
Never mind. The aforementioned "problem" was occurring because I was creating a name for the output in the calculator. I have no idea as to the location where it was being saved, but without the name I can now make the output permanent.
0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
I have no idea as to the location where it was being saved

In case you want to clean up, the outputs are probably still there in the current workspace (Spatial analyst toolbar - options). The default location is Windows TEMP.
0 Kudos
KarinPitts
New Contributor
I am having the same trouble.  I am creating new raster data using spatial analyst tools, and then I can't "make permanent" my new raster data.  I am not understanding either the 'answers' below.  I am using ArcGis 10.
0 Kudos