Housing Price Heat Map

02-03-2016 05:32 PM
EvanJoyes
New Contributor

I know this must be possible just looking for a tutorial or video showing how. I have a shapefile with points representing housing sale prices across a neighbourhood and I'm looking to create a heat map or gradient across the whole neighbourhood showing higher and lower prices in different areas. Any ideas how to accomplish this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

do you  have the Spatial Analyst or Statistical Analyst or 3D Analyst extensions? And what version of ArcMap... assuming yu are using it and not another platform

EvanJoyes
New Contributor

Woops, I'm using ArcMap 10.1 and I have access to all the extensions available, including those you mentioned.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Google and You Tube Associate ... will help, but I find the video stuff I presume, but it is also useful to see the old  school static lesson plans in the help files. for example

Go to the main Extensions link...

An overview of the extensions of ArcGIS—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

pick and extension and see if they have a tutorial or lesson plan ... ie

Introduction to the ArcGIS Geostatistical Analyst Tutorial—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Or sometimes they have buzz words like "visualize" etc like in this which will give you the key

What is the ArcGIS 3D Analyst extension?—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

beause things like heat map are not a new invention, just a new term just a catchier term than applications of choropleth maps I supposed Heat map - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so your best bet is to check the demos with esri where they are advertising "visualization" "display your data" and "analyse your data" to get the visual key to what you want.