Getting Error posting version <VERSION_NAME>.[The version has been redefined to reference a new database state.] while POSTING Version through GP service...Any Suggestions/Thoughts/Ideas would be MUCH HELP!!

07-17-2017 09:09 PM
KirtiVasdev1
New Contributor

I have a Python Script as GP Service, which is called in our WEB Application for Reconcile and POST versions by Users.

Our User base has increased and now I am seeing following error, every time more than 1 or 2 -3 versions are posted by User:

Error posting version <VERSION_NAME>.[The version has been redefined to reference a new database state.]

The GP service still gives ESRI Succeed message but in ArcGIS Server logs i get above error. 

What could be the issue? i am using straight following code in my python script (published as GP service):

arcpy.ReconcileVersions_management(connection_file, "ALL_VERSIONS", Target_Version, DBO+verList, Acquire_Locks, "NO_ABORT", "BY_OBJECT", "FAVOR_TARGET_VERSION", with_post, "KEEP_VERSION")

And it was always working earlier. I would really appreciate if anyone can help on this issue.

THANKS!!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZacharyOrdo__GISP
New Contributor III

I had this issue earlier.  I tried a few minutes later and did not get the error and the reconcile & post worked as expected.  My guess is maybe another user was also trying to reconcile and post against the same version at the same time I attempted it the first time, thus blocking me from doing so at that moment.

0 Kudos